Most technical problems can be solved by shutting down the systems using the following instructions. So we advise you to start with Step 1.
Step 1 - Shut down the system as follows:
• Close the Pi Gui
• Shut down the computer via Windows, Start, Shut Down
• Click on the button on the front of the Pouch Inspector to shut down the Pouch Inspector
• Unplug the electric cable at the back of the Pouch Inspector
• Unplug the electric cable at the back of the Cut&Roll (if you have a Cut&Roll)
• Wait for the computer to have shut down completely (no flickering lights)
• Plug the electric cable to the Pouch Inspector
• Plug the electric cable to the Cut&Roll
• Turn on the computer (and wait for 20 seconds) and turn on the Pouch Inspector
• Open the Pi Gui
• Press the black reset button on the Cut&Roll
Q - “Trying to read the barcode”
A1 – Make sure that there’s a clear print. In case of an unclean print head on the packaging machine a vertical line is often not printed. The line can be very small and still cause problems.
A2 – Make sure the batch is finished on the production machine.
A3 – Make sure a barcode is printed on the pouches. Without a barcode the Pi doesn’t work.
A4 – Make sure the backlight is clean. Print ink may accumulate as small stripes on the backlight. The backlight can be cleaned with a moist towel (water will do).
Q - “The Pouch Inspector doesn’t load the patient.” (batch not in database)
A1 – It’s probably a new batch and the packaging machine is still processing the information needed for the Pouch Inspector. This can take a while, leave this batch for a few minutes and try again.
A2 – Advanced: go to the c:piimportbackupnotok map and locate any files for the day. Copy the files to the import folder of the batch importer. May vary per implementation.
Q - “The pouches on the right side of the Pouch Inspector disintegrates.”
A1 – Make the roll tighter before entering it into the Pouch Inspector.
A2 – There’s an optional hardware update to use our discs instead of rolls on a bare core, please contact Blisterpartner for more information.
Q - “The pouches on the left side of the Pouch Inspector disintegrates.” (without Cut&Roll)
A – Please contact Blisterpartner, there’s a hardware update available.
Q - “The Cut&Roll doesn’t react /doesn’t grab the pouches when I want to start.”
A1 – Make sure the emergency button (red button) is on, rotate it counterclockwise.
A2 – Click the reset button (black button) on the front of the Cut&Roll.
A3 – Press “Reset the Cut&Roll” on the touchscreen.
A4 – Restart the Pi Gui.
A5 – If these answers won’t work, try Step 1.
Q - “The pouches are stuck in the Cut&Roll.”
A – Press “Clear the batch” and the pins will be pulled back. Open the door, now it’s possible to remove the pouches.